Unpacking!!

Unpacked the car monday morning after getting back from the Festival of Quilts. Yet there are still piles of books and stuff on the sofa in the sitting room and the table in the conservatory. And as for my studio, that still needs to be tidied after making collection for Birmingham and I now have to make room for an exposing unit my Dad is bringing down. It's for exposing silkscreens and I've only been waiting on it for a year!!

                            Here's an image finally from the Fashions sans Frontiers fashion show:
So here I am in my reversable coat, the denim on the front was bleached, dyed and then stencilled before quilting to the cotton jersey digitally printed lining. The quilting design is a snowflake in keeping with my winter theme. The seams on the lining are bound in satin ribbon as are the edges. Leather straps and buckle closures complete the garment.

Here you can see the lining of the coat and also the dress underneath. the dress is my least favourite piece in the collection. It started off as a skirt and top.
I then remade the top when I had the skirt assembled as the print wasn't as dark as I expected. If I'd had another week or two I'd have remade this piece. Fabrics are digitally printed cotton jersey (thanks Dad for use of machine) stretch demin and powernet.

Off now to try and organise myself. Went to do some sunprints yesterday, as we finally had a bit of sun only to find the precut fabric sheets were tooo small for the images I want to print. So need to reduce images and find some sun!!
Or I could finish one of my UFO's or do some research for the quilt challenge I signed up for or........

Comments

Popular Posts