Studio Time

Being a compulsive hoarder and gatherer of all sorts of junk, decided to tidy my studio yesterday before starting another project. This was after starting to mark out a quilt top for quilting and feeling guilty as the space resembles a rubbish tip, I couldn't even upload a picture as it might scare people!!
Well the stuff I would was wonderful and am in the process of hiding most of my dress fabric in the attic so I can organise the space better. Did my trip to B&Q for storage, didn't get it finished last night as I nearly forgot my Daughter, visiting with friend and dinner! so determined today.
Then I can get some sewing done.

Here some more photos of Fashions sans Frontiers fashion show, only one more day of them to go!!
These are some shots of the second outfit, Eveningwear. This is my favourite outfit and went together beautifully. The fabric I made the toille in was very very stretchy lycra and was a disaster but when I made it up in cotton jersey it fitted like a dream, brought me back to my costume making days.

                                     Another photo taken by Claire Lynch, go on ya good thing!!
The feather I got from a website in the states and were interesting to work with, would like to do more work with them.

Another of Claire's images. My hat was very interesting to work on and required the assistance of several people and the chopping up of another one as practice but it fits beautifully and is very secure due to the fact that the support from a safety helmet is built into a steel frame to support the antlers. My husband built the steel support and a friend Des attached the antlers, thanks lads.

This image is from the folks at Twisted Thread. And you can see the necklace which was originally meant for the Wearable Art garments but looked much better with this. You cann't see the back and the thousand snowflakes that Jane cut out with a soldering iron but you can see them in an earlier blog.

Comments

Popular Posts