Elemental Winer Designs

The show is over and I should be on my way home. I'm preparing this in advance as I'm sure I'll need a couple of days to recover after the fashion show and all the retail therapy I'm sure I'll induldge in!!
So here's some images that Dan Kenny took of the outfits last week. I had to design three outfits and an accessory for the Fashions Sans Frontier fashion show as part of the Festival of Quilts. I was one of four representing Ireland and Russia and the U.K. wher the other countries participating.
The first outfit is Daywear, the second Eveningwear and the third Wearable Art.
The theme I chose was Elemental Winter as it fits into a block of work I've been using as inspiration for the last number of years.
As research I looked at historical garments, designers, Alexander Mc Queen, and Japanesse Goths  among others.

So here's Outfit one; Daywear




Quilted reversible denim and printed cotton jersey coat. The denim was bleached, dyed and stencilled before quilting and the cotton jersey was printed on my Dad’s large format printer using images from a collage.
Denim and printed cotton jersey dress. Halter neck fitted dress with layered full skirt of printed cotton jersey.

And now for Outfit Two; Eveningwear



Full length sleeveless black evening dress. The fabrics are cotton jersey, sequin effect fabric and stretch net. The dress features a feather trim on the collar and ends of fingerless gloves. Over one thousand snowflake embellishments were hand cut from bonded fabrics.
Head-piece featuring embellished deer antlers incorporated into  bowler hat.

If you haven't been scared off already here's Outfit three; Wearable Art



Comments

Popular Posts