IPS Gallery

The Irish Patchwork Society is 30 years old and as part of the celebrations  had a Gallery at the Festival of Quilts this year. Each branch had their own local exhibition and then a selection of these quilts were shown as part of a national exhibition. Unfortunately my individual piece didn't make it to the national exhibit and here it is at our local exhibition, it's called Elementals 3.

But a group piece I had a part of was selected and made it to the gallery.  The group is called Genesis and consists of Ann, Claire, Meg, Tracy and myself and here it is. We each got an  a4 piece of fabric that we had to combine into our piece. Can you guess which is my piece?

The response to the quilts during the festival was amazing. I was stunned by the amount of positive comments from people. Two quilts in particular attracted the most comments, Dearbhla's hexagon flowers and Moya's flower garden, well done ladies these were real favourites and I hope I did them justice when speaking about them.


I had a ball sitting on the stand but must say a big thank you to Loretta O'Brien who organised the hanging of the exhibition, well done, job well done.
On the sunday I was doing a long stint on the stand and had brought along some tiny hexagons to hand sew, have to be doing something as well as talking!! Well, they went down really well, showed nearly everyone who had a look at the exhibit what I was up to and my Mam joined in, she stuck the pieces down and I sewed. Loretta took over then when we took a break. If I'd organised myself better could have had a whole team at it!
                                                     Irish Patchwork Society Gallery.

Comments

Popular Posts