Reversible Log Cabin Quilt Class

Hey All,
Teaching a reversible log cabin class for the Eastern Branch of the IPS in September and thought you might like to see the samples:


Side one


Side two

A friend of mine Ann Bradshaw has developed a method of doing reversible log cabin which is very detailed and hard work, beautiful results though but way too much work for me.
I thought the technique would suit one of my students and Ann very generously gave me a copy of her notes and the beautiful quilt she made using the technique but none of my students seemed interested (I'll get them to make one yet).
I had not used Ann's technique but wanted to try a variation I had in my head. First attempt was a bit off but then utalised some of my magic paper stash (another product and technique shown to me by Ann) and voila I had a simplier version for the lazy quilters like me!!
Am working on a full quilt using Jelly Rolls but will take a while as i need to get the collections for the fashion show at the Festival of Quilts made first.

Ann's Quilt


side two of Ann's Quilt


As you can see it's a lot more detailed than mine but wait to see my Quilt Sample!!
Ann's gonna kill me for not photographing whole quilt, sorry a
Ann didn't have time or space.

Comments

Popular Posts