Patchwork Promises

I was involved in the Patchwork Promises Round Robin project organised by Nikki Foley and we had seven different countries participating. Each country had five team members. WE all have to choose a selection of fabrics and make a centre panel and them post the whole lot on to the next person. I enjoyed it but found it terrifying working on other peoples quilts, you only got one chance and if you weren't happy with the result, well there was nought you could do about it!!
Here's mine and the rest of Team Ireland:


Couldn't get a decent shot of this with the lighting!


Nikki's Quilt, I did the second last border with the rainbow bias tape.


Terri's quilt, I did the curved first border.




Alison's Quilt the border with all the different blocks is my addition.


Romi's Quilt I got to do the final border on this.

What this project taught me was that I'm so not a traditional quilter!!

There were some amazing quilts in the display but my favourites were the Japanese Quilts, just amazing, the colours and the skill, wow.


And here's one of them with a detail below.



And another one.


Comments

  1. Hi Paula,
    Great job on the round robin quilts. Loved the rainbow bias applique you did on Nikki's quilt. As soon as I saw the quilt, I knew you'd made that border!
    The Japanese quilts were the best thing in the whole exhibition - they were gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Claire, y
    eah loved the Japanese quilts too, amazing. Dragged my Burren piece out yesterday but that's all I did!!
    Did some work for fashion show on one piece so have made a start!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts