Vision 2020 piece "I Look Within, to See"

I've been working from home for the past month now due to COVID-19.
One of the privileged, I have a home, my kids with me, still have my job, a studio packed to bursting with supplies, a garden and I'm creative.

But I must admit, I've been struggling to focus. I'm a planner, I like to make lists and try to be organised. But the uncertainty has left me feeling very anxious and worried for family, friends and people on the front line. 

Does anyone else feel like they're in the middle of some apocalyptic movie?

I've been flitting from one room to another, doing little jobs, keeping busy.I now have floor space in my studio and smile when I go in there.

Trying to not get lost online, minimising my time on social media, thrilled to see all the wonderful groups and challenges people are setting up but declining to take part for the most part as my stack of unfinished projects and ones yet to be started is big enough to keep me occupied for years to come!

I have been talking to family and reaching out to friends more often, keeping in touch.

Saw this morning an image of my piece that was juried into the "Vision 2020" exhibit and thought it was time to start blogging again.



So here's how it started:
I got my daughter Isobel to take a photo of my eye, scary isn't it, gave me a fright!

The fun part was playing with the image in Photoshop until I was happy with the result.

Uploaded the image to Spoonflower and had it printed.

Despite my attempts to check deadlines, I'm always working right up to the wire.
This piece required lots of concentration, to stay on the lines.
I had a two week gap between two long trips to get it done, in the evenings after work!


                           
                       ready for quilting
quilting in progress


detail


detail

finished quilt


Comments

Popular Posts