South African Quilt Show

Such a very naught girl!
Haven't been keeping up with my blog posts, well, now I have the time, so working on getting up to date!

I was very lucky to be able to travel as the IPS International Rep to Johannesburg last August with a collection of 30 Irish Patchwork Society quilts as part of a three country exhibition with Germany and South Africa titled "Interchange- Threads Connect". This exhibition was featured in the South African Quilt Show which took place in Heron Bridge College, Fourways.

This trip started with a text message from Ethelda Ellis several years ago and following many emails with Erla Cilliers and Sandra de Wet I arrived in Africa and was greeted at the airport by Peter Murdoch and brought to the venue to drop off the quilts and meet his wonderful wife Pat and some of the organising team. I was kindly hosted by Pat and had a wonderful evening with her and her husband, great food, conversation and fun.

Arrived at Heron Bridge the next afternoon with Pat to see all the quilts nearly hung and what a selection their was!

Irish Interchange- Threads Connect

Irish Interchange- Threads Connect

Uta Lent, the German International's Rep, Ethelda and myself beside our Interchange quilts


Ethelda's winning quilt "Flamingoos in the Free State"



         



I was taken on an adventure by Pat and Peter to visit a lion park and the Cradle of Humankind, amazing experience 

Some of the International gang on our day trip

Danel Marie, Myself and Petro
Laid out on my new Koross Embroidery with some new reading material

mud cloth donated stash

My shwe shwe stash all washed and ironed

at the moment I am working on quilting the pieces that I have put together using the fabrics I bought, more soon!

Comments

Popular Posts