Scottish Quilt Show part 1 Voyage Exhibit

Totally can't believe how long it's been since I've uploaded a post, oh the shame!
So, just back from Scottish Quilt Show in the SEC in Glasgow where I set up the first showing of "Voyage Group's" 2018 pieces "Stretching Tradition" and I brought over the Irish World Wide Wonder quilts, more on this exhibition in part two, let's hope it doesn't take me to long to post!!!!!!

Arrived at the SEC about 9.30am and started setting up after collecting most of the quilts from Pat Archibald, a Scottish member of the Group

Not all members had submitted quilts, but there were enough to fill the space nicely

Fabric walls are great to hang small quilts

Betty, Ildiko and Shoshi's quilts

Pat and Frances quilts

and finally mine and Jean's quilts

My quilts are based on my trip to Canada last year. I made four but selected my favourite two for the exhibit. Photos were played with in Photoshop and layered before printing and transferring to fabric.

I wanted to keep the image as clean and simple as possible and added minimum quilting lines.

Hopefully you can see this video!! 


Comments

Popular Posts