Look at what happened with scraps

I love it when something unplanned happens. Another piece gone to the Festival of quilts.
This one started with some scraps that were left from a dyeing workshop I taught, bits that nearly went in the bin but were used to soak up little bits of leftover dye, hate throwing it out. Had a couple of larger bits of fabric and in they net too. Have to admit they sat on the window sill for a couple of days before getting rinsed (hate that part of the process).
When done I loved the colours and they were lying about for awhile before I started playing with them.
Small scraps woven together to make up centre panel.

quilting detail on top part of piece

When I got the top together I as wondering what way to quilt?
Suddendly thought I'll quilt a fairy, wings and all and that's what I did!

Here's the wing on the first day of quilting

Heres the whole pice on my studio wall, mid quilting. You can't see the quoting pattern till you get up close, which I love.

More and more feathers, two full days quilting just on wings.

Gave her a leaf deign on her skirt, skeletal leaves that I bonded on sand stitched over.

Comments

Popular Posts