Weekend with the Drogheda Quilters

Oh you'd know I'm on holidays from my day job!!
Keeping up with Facebook and even getting some blog posts up, shoulders are slowly coming down from my ears and no alarm clock is heaven.
Had a wonderful weekend in Drogheda the weekend of the 23rd and 24th of February.
Thanks to the Drogheda Quilters for inviting me to teach for the two days, I had a ball and met some wonderful ladies.

 
Ladies busy at work using procion dyes and plastic bags to mix colours.
We spent the morning dyeing a rainbow of colours using only three dyes.
Here are some samples I prepared beforehand to show the class the range of colours they would be dyeing
 
 
 
The room the ladies use is set in scenic Drogheda on the hilltop overlooking the town, inspiring.
 
In the afternoon I gave a brief introduction on Batik and the ladies had a chance to play with the leftover dyes, here are some of the results:
 


 
Day Two I gave a class on foundation piecing using photo transfer for the center panel and here are the results from the days work:

I love the variety of colour combinations and fabric choices, inspiring.
 
Here are my samples for the Foundation Piecing workshop:

Thanks again ladies for a wonderful weekend
 
 
 
 
 


Comments

Popular Posts