Visit to Exhibition

Travelled all the way to Carrick on Shannon on the 14th of this month for the opening of an exhibition by a friend of mine Brigitta Varadi.
The work was amazing, huge felted pieces pieces based on ink blots.
I had seen the original drawings for the pieces but knew I needed to see them in the flesh and I was not disappointed. Let me know what you think?
 
It's hard to see scale of pieces, they're about three metres wide

Seven pieces were hung but Brigitta's plans to make another three.

The opening took place in Keith Nolan's photography gallery, amazing space.

 
My favourite piece, what do you see?
In the pub after the opening with Brigitta.
If you want to see more of Brigitta's work have alook at her website;
 
 
I organised for Brigitta to do a workshop with me at work and was very impressed with her skill and outlook.I learnt so much from her and it has changed the way I look at feltmaking. I can't wait to work with her again, her energy and approach is inspiring.

Comments

  1. The exhibition looks great, took a look at Brigitta's web-site; there's some interesting work on there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very striking. I've seen largescale work by Brigitta before and it's impressive.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts