Dyeing workshop in The Hunt Museum

As as exhibition I curate is hanging in the Hunt Museum I offering my services and volunteered to teach some classes! And what do you know they took me up o my offer and asked me to teach a dyeing workshop in July and a patchwork workshop in August, happy days!!

Here are some views of the 2nd Irish Quilters' Showcase exhibit in the Hunt Museum:

The quilts are all hanging on the back or Red staircase.

My son begrudgingly helping hang the show!

Three more of the quilts

Me talking at the opening!

Isobel and myself taking a selfie at the opening!

Some preparation for the dyeing class, samples, yeah!

Fabrics sitting in the dye.

Isobel proudly displaying one of her pieces.

One of my tie dyed samples

And another

And one more

and yet another

Finally!

Some of the students very kindly send me some images of their pieces when they were rinsed the day after, thank you so much ladies. It is wonderful when people do this as I love to see the results from a class
Eileen Coates pieces

Eileen's experiment with batik! Love the colure and flowing lines.

Some of Trackie Lee's pieces

More of Trackie's work, love the blue, grey and green piece.

As for this week, I've had my wee sis here for a visit and I've been getting my class kits ready for the Festival of Quilts in Birmingham next week. Nearly there, some photocopying and supplies to get, but all the kits are cut and I'm ready to get stuck into my journal quilts this weekend, lots more catching up to do!


Comments

  1. Congrats on doing the workshops at the Hunt Museum. The students pieces came out really great. Less than a week to FoQ - can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nearly all packed up and ready to go, see you there!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts