Explorations IPS National Exhibition

Headed down to Cork last week for the opening of the Irish Patchwork Society's National exhibition in the Cork County Library with Isobel in toe.
Headed off early so I could meet up with an old college friend which was wonderful, hopefully we won't leave it so long next time!
Got to trawl throughout the magic emporium that is "Vibes and Scribes", one of my favourite shops to visit whir in Cork. They have three shops, one with books, one with crafts, fabrics and books and one with second hand books, perfect!
Got me some more historical costume books cause the ones I have didn't have what I want for a project for next year.
Here's mine on top, a whole cloth digitally printed piece. The design was made using Photoshop, playing with an ariel view of the earth and the repeating it. Love, love, love the effects were I can see all sorts of things from letters to monsters!
Underneath is Irene Mac Williams piece, a year of texts I think.

Loved this piece by a Cork group, have misplaced my catalogue listing!
Layers of dyed muslin, loads of appliquéd pieces and hand stitching.

A piece by Suzanne Pass, a new quilter friend.

Details of Irene's piece.
Meg Kenny's Deconstructed Sampler quikt

Another great idea for a group piece

Think this is Mary Palmers's piece, amazing.
So simple an idea, beautiful.

Miniature, great colours.

Great colour and shape.

Delicate and beautiful.

Love the colours and construction.


Comments

Popular Posts