A long time but finally got there!!

Finally finished a quilt this week that started, oh, seven years ago!!
Told my cousin Sandra I'd make her a quilt as a wedding present at her wedding. From talking to her decided on trying a Richy Timms rhapsody quilt. Designed four different backgrounds at an in service work day and got the background scaled up and pieced fairly quickly. 
Then I obviously got distracted with other projects as I do and the longer I left it the harder it was to find the motivation to finish it. Kept promising myself, I'll get it done before the end of the year or the summer!
Did some work on it earlier this year but didn't like it and that had to be ripped, not my favourite task.
Finally felt so guilty after getting all the work finished for the Festival of Quilts several weeks ago that I told myself "No more, get Sandra's quilt finished before anything else gets started" and I actually stuck to it.
Here it is just of the quilting frame, it's huge, approximately ten foot square, I have nowhere big enough to hang the whole think!!
Hopefully will get a pick of it in place.

Used my Accuquilt die cutter for the appliquéd pieces, sixty or seventy not too sure.
Such a great feeling to get it finished, just sewed the label on and trimmed any loose threads this morning, tis all folded and ready to go to Dundalk tomorrow.
One UFO done and dusted, just need to start on the rest!!!



Comments

Popular Posts