Easter Holiday time

First week of Easter holidays gone already!! Time flies when your having fun I guess. Had a wonderful creative week and got a bit of a rest too. March was soo busy.
Just before the break I was back in Isobel's school and we're finally getting to see what the quilt will look like:
Here it is pinned to the white board, with all those beautiful flower faces pinned on, just need to get Isobel to iron them in place ( that's going to be fun!!). They also had a go at some free machining on the backing fabric, the boys all fighting their way in to get a go !!

Here's my wonderful daughter Isobel in full sales mode at the April meeting of the Mid West Branch of the IPS, showing off some of my hand dyed fabrics.

Saturday it was an early start and off to Galway for the Western Branch meeting with Claire Lynch where Irene Mc Williams was speaking, here's some of the Journal Quilts Irene brought with her, stunning:

A few days of cleaning my poor house before my wee sis landed for a visit, then some fun. Wednesday Deidre Ni Chinneide landed over for a day of Art Journaling, what a blast. Anything to do with making a mess and I'm so there. Deidre showed me all her fancy materials and sure we were only getting into it and it was time to finish. But I cannot stop, have five new sketchbooks started and a mountain of stuff laid out on the table in the conservatory!!! re discovering bits and pieces hiding in various boxes, so glad I'm a hoarder.

Put these photos up on Facebook this morning and got such interest that I'm gonna start an Art Journaling blog in the next few days, cannot wait, one page (minimum) a week and different person picks theme each week.

Nearly there, Thursday evening  Claire Lynch and Grania Preston came over for some marbling on fabric. Claire and me had both bought a marbling kit at the Festival of Quilts last year and not tried them. Isobel got stuck in, was a bit of a squeeze but lots of fun:
Here's some of mine dried and pressed. Would have preferred to have the ground a lot thicker and not sure if I like the finish, the inks left a sort of plastic feel and cracked in places. Completely different finish than using regular fabric paints, just got to find something to do with them now!!!




Comments

Popular Posts