Gathering of the Guilds

The 7th of June saw me heading to Killarney for the first Gathering of the Guilds, organised by two incredible women, Kim Caskey and Debbi Sinton Cagney. Landed at the Plaza hotel, checked in and gave Kim a hand checking out the venue for the gathering and checked my wee powerpoint was ok. Technology, always good to double check, would hate for my props to fail!!!
Loved the stained glass panel in the hotel.
Had an early dinner with Debbi, where I was introduced to Ann Hill and her husband David, an inspiring lady, we sat for about an hour chatting over breakfast the next day, perfect way to start a day.
Nikki Foley and Kim joined us and we wolfed down some great food before heading over to the gathering.
The event ran like clockwork, with about 200 people in attendance from all over Europe and the US and Canada. Kim opened and introduced the event and people and spoke about the Bad Ass Quilters movement (got  my badge and wear with pride !!) I spoke about the Prison Quilts for a few minutes and then we had the Show and Tell, my favourite part.  

Look at these miniatures incredible, don't think I'd have the patience, and very clever pieces to bring when travelling.

Nikki getting presented with her Bad Ass Hoodie.

Some of my favourite pieces from the Show and Tell.

Look at the crowd, about half the room.
Had a blast, can't wait for next years event here and trying to wangle my way onto the Scottish Trip !!



Comments

Popular Posts