May Bank Holiday Weekend

So here's a quick preview of my Gees Bend tryptic, numbers two and three and done, well just binding, hanging sleeve and labels left!!!



This is the back of one of them, all the backs have the same composition, all hand dyed fabrics too. Really liking the backs at the moment, want to make up some quilts like this.

This is number one, still on the machine but hope to have it finished by next Sunday evening.

Mad to have a go with the giant hexagon dyes I bought for my accuquilt studio cutter, so have picked out these fabrics (Amy Butler I think, bought at the Festival of Quilts last year from the Cotton Patch Stand , which is always amazing). They're sitting on a table in my studio, ready for cutting next week when I'll have a bit more time.

Picked this lot out last night as choices for blocks for  a group quilt

Decided on fabrics, cut and put these together today, just have to get them delivered thursday evening, hope they suit other blocks.

Away with work for the rest of the week so won't get much done, Isobel's new quilt progressing slowly, should be pieced by end of next week

Comments

Popular Posts