Sorry for delay

Just realised how long its been since I posted!! Too long
Anyhow here's a wonderful picture that Geraldine Clancy- Tipton sent me of the finished piece her made in my Stained Glass Celtic Applique class at the International Quilt Festival of Ireland in Galway last June. So happy that she thought enough of it to frame it and put it on her wall, thanks Geraldine.
It's wonderful to see what people do when leaving a class, I always wonder if the work will get finished as I have a fairly impressive stack of unfinished workshop projects myself !!

Made some felt pieces last week for an upcoming exhibition in The Cork School of Music through the Cork Textiles Network group of which I'm a member again. The theme is White Noise, had great fun doing the research and developing ideas and thought that felt was the medium I wanted to work with for this project.
Here's the first one:
and the second:
there is a third, while I was searching through some hand dyed fabrics for another series of quilts I came across a piece that really stood out. I could see all sorts of haunted faces and monsters in it and thought it would be perfect for White Noise as I was drawl to the film of the same name with lots of images of tortured faces and figures within  TV signals. Didn't want to quilt it as I felt it would loose some of the images power but didn't want to not quilt it !!!
Took me a couple of weeks and made a very large Therapy quilt while floundering, but started quilting it tentatively one Sunday afternoon, was very unsure at first but kept at it and several days later this piece was finished, completely quilted and I quiet like it:

 Here's a close up:
Opening of exhibition next Thursday but alas I can't make it, will get to see it before show closes though. 

Comments

  1. The faces are fantastic. I would love to see how you use them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts