Back Again

Oh me bad.
Been so long since I put up a post, feeling very bad indeed.
See, I got me a new toy late last year and tis been hard to drag myself away!
Yes finally got me a long arm machine and boy have I been busy bonding.
For some reason, images I have taken on my phone will not rotate when I try to edit them !! So I can't show you the lovely pic of my baby coming out of her box with a big red ribbon on.
Don't want anyone getting dizzy trying to look at images!!
Here one quilt that I started oh about five years ago, finally got it finished on the longarm at delivered to my Aunt for Christmas. Have gotten about ten tops quilted that were lying around the studio in piles, which is brilliant, that stack of UFO's is shrinking slowly but surely.

Worked with a felting artist Brigitta Varadi for a couple of weeks before Christmas, wow, Brigitta was amazing to work with, I learned soooo much. Here's Isobel modelling a felted tea cosy I made for Lorna Mac.


But what I really wanted to share is a message and some images I received from a lady names Sue who attended a workshop I taught in Dublin last September:


Dear Paula,
I attended your dayschool for double sided log cabin. The results are attached. I made them into a table topper. ( Fortunately, the photo does not show up the free machine quilting. Mastering that is my ongoing project.)
I was determined to finish the exercise and swore at the time that I would never do another double again. Now however, I am looking back with enjoyment and thinking whether to do another one.
I would like to thank you. I am just starting out. This class was the first time I had ever used bondaweb.!!!! I keep thinking also about the other master pieces you brought to the Eastern Branch meeting. It was an excellent week end for me
kind regards and a final thank you
Sue Mulvihill

Here's Sue's finished Table Topper, isn't it wonderful and lovely for me as a teacher to see what happens after the class, thanks Sue.

Went out to Villiers on Thursday night, seems like years since I've gone to a sewing get together. So thanks to Claire and Grania and Tracy for getting me there and firing up the old inspiration again, see yee next Thursday evening.


 

Comments

  1. You do great thinks here Paula.I love all this classic design quilts and yes is absolutely great when pupils get back to you to let you know how rewording was your work for them and for you .Congrats. Renata

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts