Colums Creeper Bag

Colum my eleven year old son is a big big fan of Minecraft and so I deciced to make him a " Creeper" laptop bag. This is what a creeper looks like in the game:


and here's what the bag:


It's a very snug fit! so me thinks I'll be making another slightly larger one.
I drew a grid onto some iron on vilene, placed the cut squares onto it and ironed in place. Then is's easy peesy fold and sew.
Ann Bradshaw showed me this technique many moons ago, it's used to quickly and easily piece large amounts of squares and in colourwash effect quilts.
I've made a couple of purple quilts using this technique but think I've given them all away.



Comments

  1. Just heard about creepers at the weekend from Agnes another quilter with a minesweeping son! This is cool. Always nice to see some projects for boys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ester, always feel that the boys miss out on the patchwork experience. Have to make another one though, tis a wee bit tight!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts