Philippa Naylor workshop

As part of the IPS AGM a workshop is usually given by the guest speaker. As the petty politics of patchwork holds no interest for me,( I just want to sew) I attended the Monday workshop on feather quilting by Philippa Naylor. Philippa was wonderful, energetic, fun, interesting and her work is amazing.
Here's some samples of Philippa's quilts:


Learnt some wonderful new techniques and tricks, Philippa is easily the most amazing free motion quilter I've seen, she's sooo precise and controlled, the complete opposite to me!!
Here's my samples from the workshop.




Think I'm going to paint or dye some of them, they might make some nice Christmas pressies.

And finally here's a quilt I started quilting at an GrianĂ¡n last weekend using the feather design, very therapeutic but need a lot more practice and patience to reach Philippa's level.

Comments

Popular Posts