Festival of Quilts 2016

Heading for the Festival of Quilts is always a sign that the summer is nearly over. This year was set to be a very busy one as it was my first year as IR International Rep for the Irish Patchwork Society, which meant I had to be there earlier to help set up the galleries and also help man them during the show. The EQA European Patchwork Association has two galleries at Festival of Quilts, "Diversity" which shows one quilt from each member country and the challenge gallery "Greetings from..." which shows 16 quilts from each country. Organising the quilts it a task in itself, trying to get members to make pieces for the challenge can be challenging!!

I travelled all day tuesday, leaving my house at 9am and not getting to the hotel in Birmingham till 9pm that night!

Wednesday was spent setting up the galleries and helping to get the classrooms ready for teaching!

Here's the "Diversity" gallery mid hanging

Here's the Irish entry in the "Diversity" gallery "Rainbow Rings" by Cathy Davis

The "Diversity" gallery all set up. Just before the show opens is always the best time to take some photos!



The EQA reps at the AGM

Here's me teaching a class, Upper Street had a photographer going around taking photos during the show, I had forgotten about this until a friend tagging me in the photo on Facebook!

I taught a total of seven classes during the show with several people returning from last years show to do some more classes!

I have tons more photos but alas my mac is full and won't let me import any more photos, need to get some more space. In the meantime, I have loads of photos up on Facebook!



Comments

Popular Posts