Festival of Quilts 2015

Well the NEC already seems so long ago! and the planning has begun for next year!
Took the ferry over with my Mum and daughter in tow, sat-nav nearly went out the window several times ( was too busy to write out directions before I left, never again) and tried to get me to do a up turn on the motorway! That's when I started to follow the road signs!

Lots of very early starts, leaving two sleepy heads snoring away, tons of classes to teach and lots of meetings. The days went so fast, I don't think I got to see all the exhibits but did find my pieces in the show, eventually!

Middle ones are my CQ Journal Quilts. After years of thinking about it, finally got round to making some, only four more left to finish and I hope to have them done by the end of September.

I want to join them all when they're finished and make some sort of accordion book type thingy!

This piece was in the Art Quilt Section and is called "Elementals 3", the third in a series looking at life cycles and nature. I first printed some very large leaves straight onto fabric, then added some paint and markel sticks before quilting. It's hard to see from this picture but the leaves represent hair and each one has a face included.

Took me ages to find this one, my "Happy Heart Skulls", I was terrified about how it would hang as I had nowhere large enough at home to check! Luckily it hung beautifully. It contains 10,000 squares and represents my two children and myself. I really enjoyed making this, every now and then I have to release the OCD in me!

Comments

Popular Posts