PICP Conference in Porto

Isn't t amazing to be shown around new places by a local. Thanks to Maria I got to see the real Porto and experience the warmth and friendliness of the locals. I am lucky enough to be involved in a European Learning Partnership called "Partners in Crime Prevention" and Porto was our third conference.
Taught a felting workshop in the male prison in Porto, I was surprised that none of them had heard of felting before, but they all seemed excited by the idea and worked intensively to produce some wonderful pieces of felt.
These are the samples that Isobel (my 10 year old) and myself prepared for the workshop as samples. The stitching was added by machine once the felt had dried.

This is my little landscape

After some machine stitching

This is Isobel's,I was actually very envious and proud at the same time that hers was so beautiful.

And here it is with some stitching added, hopefully I'll get the time to add some hand stitches.

And these two images are of the students work:
I brought a copy of Moy Mackey Book "Felt & Stitch" with me and they used the images as inspiration. Moy has another book just published called " Flowers in Felt and Stitch" which is just beautiful, my favourite felting book ever.




Comments

Popular Posts